Tuesday, October 15, 2013

How to Organize a Small Space


I share a room with one of my sisters, (and most of the time I'm the only one that cleans), so today I will share with you guys how I organize a small space that I share with my older sister, with 5 steps.
    1. Go through everything
First you'll want to go through everything in the space you'd like to organize. If it's something that is not used on a daily basis, something that isn't important, you should put it away somewhere safe, like a storage box or something. Then put daily uses, and important stuff in a separate pile for now.
    2. What space are you organizing? Find a place for the things on it
So now that you've put all of the things you normally don't use away, it's time to organize all the things that you do need.
If you're organizing a desk, try to minimize all the pictures and nick-nacks you have sitting around, maybe to just a small picture or two. Try to avoid stacks of papers and junk on your desk, those can be filed or put in a folder. If you have a little pencil pouch or container for your pens and pencils put them there in a small corner of your desk. Goodies and junk should be put in a junk box or space. Maybe you keep hair and makeup stuff on your desk instead of school supplies. You can put all your hair stuff in a tall container or drawer underneath your desk. Makeup can be put in jars or small tins. And perfume, hand sanitizers, lotions, etc. can be put on a small platform like a picture frame, you can lay a picture frame on your desk and it make a perfect little space for your perfumes.
If your organizing a closet, You should buy or find some good fabric hangers to keep your clothes from falling and pus them to the back of you closet rack. Put your winter clothes in the back of you closet if it's summer, and summer clothes in the back if it's winter. If you'd like you can color coordinate you clothes (I don't but it's just a suggestion). I like to keep all mine and my sister's shoes in a bucket that's stored in our closet. Put everything in sections (Dresses in one, shirts, skirts, jackets, etc.).
     3. Keep it clean and neat
Every night (or at least I try every night, some are too busy), I tidy up my room. Mainly the places that get cluttered, my desk. It's SO helpful to clean or tidy up your room daily or even every other day (maybe even once a week depending on your schedule), then to let the clutter pile up and the messiness continue. It's really easy and if you just put the things where you organized them you'll find it a lot more helpful.

(Click the 'read more' button to hear more from me)
Ok so that is all I have for my 'How to Organize a Small Space' post! I am hoping this will bring me many more views so you will all find it very helpful. If you have found it helpful please comment on this post for a post on 'Controlling Clutteter'. You can even comment on my Instagram instagram.com/wedding_dress_bliss , also let me know if you'd like me to create or change this account to one for my blog!
    I'll be putting up another post today too since I've been slacking off so please stay tuned!! Thanks bloggers!

~Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment