Wednesday, October 2, 2013

How to Get Along With Siblings


    I have three sisters, one being one year older then me, 
and two within two-three years younger then me. I am writing this post with, tips, fun games, and ways to get along with your siblings to help you all with your brothers and sisters. Some of you may be an only child, some of you may have one older brother, two younger brothers, a little sister, three big sisters, or even a whole bunch of brothers and sisters! Whatever amount of siblings you have or however your family may be built, I'm writing this post for you so you can become better friends, and brother or sister with your siblings. I will be referring most things to a family type like mine, but please take it into your own situations and family type so it refers to you better. Here is how I get along with my sisters.
     My sisters and I are very close and we each have a completely different relationship with one another. We do that by spending time with each other. Playing games, telling secrets, etc. Ever since we were babies we'd play games together which build relationships, like house, baby dolls, make plays/musicals, hide-and-go seek, wrestling, fashion show, dinosaurs, tinker-toys, etc. Even though we are older now we still play and do things together! Sometimes we do salon, tag, kick-ball, hair, all that kind of fun stuff for teens/tweens! With each sibling you'll find a new unique relationship. With one of my sisters, we tell secrets, another sister looks up to me, and another sister has been with me ever since I was born! God put the siblings that you have in your family for a very great reason! They are your meant to be, perfect best friends. So kind of like a perfect match! Here is what the Bible says about being best friends with your sisters: Proverbs 7:4 Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,” and call insight your intimate friend.
     Sticking up for your sisters is also very important. If your sister (or brother) is having a problem with a rude or mean friend, stick up for them by watching for what the friend is doing to hurt your sibling and putting an end to it. Or even if you have a friend that doesn't like your siblings, hates how your sisters are always there when they spend the night at your house, tells them "no" and doesn't want them around or to hang out with you and her, then they don't deserve to be your friend. Only a true friend will  except both you and you sisters (or brothers too). If your friend brings any of your siblings trouble, don't be friends with them anymore. Sisters before friends. My Mom always tells us that "Friends will come and go, but sisters will always be forever."
    It's also important to not fight with your siblings. It is normal and 'ok' to fight, but not all the time for no reason. To avoid fights, lay down your personal boundaries. Let your siblings know what things are personal items, things they are no aloud to borrow or touch because it's sentimental or personal, tell them what you're 'ok' and 'not ok' with doing or saying. But do it in a kind way and ask your siblings what their boundaries are too. If you do get in a fight with your siblings, try to see from their point of view first, realize what you may be doing wrong, and try nicely to work out your fight before going to you guardian, Grandparents, or Parents.

(Click the 'read more' button to hear more from me)

Well that's all I have for my sibling post! I might be posting a second part to this post a little later on if you all would like me to and found this useful? Comment! I'm exited to hear from you all and continue posting! 

~Izzy

1 comment: