Sunday, September 15, 2013

Quite Time

Hello everyone. Today I am copying a daily bible study page off of my quite time book called 'qt one year daily devotional for students, quit time'. I am not sure where it can be purchased. Once a month I will put up a new devotion from my book so you can follow along.
__________________________________________________________________________

*Psalms 26:1-12 ~
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear?The LORD is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?2 When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. 3 Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.4 One thing I ask of the LORDthis is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. 5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.6 Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD7 Hear my voice when I call, O LORDbe merciful to me and answer me.8 My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, LORD, I will seek.9 Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior.10 Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me.11 Teach me your way, O LORDlead me in a straight path because of my oppressors.12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, breathing out violence.
Q: What was this passage about? (List on a piece of paper or notebook)
A: How can you apply this to your life?

~Lesson~
Every time a car drives over a bridge, it is a test of the integrity and strength of the structure. In verse two, David asked God to test his heart and mind to see that he was a man of integrity and that he walked in God's truth. David continued his request and pointed out that he didn't keep company with idolaters, hypocrites, or the wicked. David was not ashamed of God, but publicly thanked Him and told others about His wonderful works. David committed himself to spending time with those who loved and honored the Lord, and sought to avoid violent people. David intended to live a life of integrity, and he asked God to redeem him and show mercy, that he might be successful.

*List two things God uses in your life to test your faithfulness to Him and His word. What will you do differently the nest time you are tested?*


It was fun writing this all up for you all! I surely hope that some of you read and completed this quite time, and I will be sure to post another at the end of the month!

~Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment